Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My Uninspiring New Year's Post

Today is New Year's Day. A new year. A new chance to do things right.

Bah! Whatever. It's just another day on the calendar.

Sure, it does mark the passage of yet another year, but so does my birthday, my children's birthdays, my wedding anniversary, and so forth, and those are all much more significant to my life.

I really don't get the whole resolution thing either. The way I look at it, if you have changes that you need to make, make them when you come to that realization. Don't wait for January 1st. Start every day trying to better yourself.

I don't mean to be so down on New Year's Day, I just don't get it. Other than the historical value of chronicling the important events of the previous year, I really don't see what the big deal is. Sorry.

What is a big deal is that the holiday season is over (by that, I mean Thanksgiving and Christmas - I don't use that as a non-religious euphemism for Christmas), and it is time to get back to business around here.

That means more menu planning, budgeting, routine chores, and by all means homeschooling, which we have not been doing regularly since Thanksgiving!

It also means back to blogging! I am scheduling in blogging time daily. I really want to make this blog into what I wanted it to be when I started it, but I have not had - or perhaps not taken - the time to do it.

Even my husband is supportive of me making this more of a priority than it has been, so I am really looking forward to sharing more with all of you.

I hope 2008 is everything you want it to be, and more!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that we should make things right when we realize they are wrong. New years and new months and new days remind me of God's grace though. It is always a good time to reflect on his blessings.

I'm glad to hear you will be blogging more. Yippee!

Charity said...

I have to admit that over the past few days, we have been reflecting a lot on what God had done with us this past year.

I am not sure if that is because of the new year or because of Christmas, or because of other things that have come together to let us see better what He has done.

At any rate, yes, I should have said that, too. Not only is it good from a historical perspective, but it is also to take a look back at how God has blessed us.

Thank you for adding that.

Anonymous said...

It is much easier not to break your resolutions if you don't make any! But I do tend to agree...if you know there is something you need to improve, you should do it then. Why wait?