Plate It & Post It
Amy at In Pursuit of Proverbs 31 has started a new blog thing called "Plate It & Post It." Each week there will be a theme. You cook something that has to do with the theme, plate it, take a picture, and post it.
This week's theme is Family Favorites.
Our hands down favorite around here is homemade French bread and it really doesn't matter what I serve it with. But what goes better with French bread then spaghetti and meatballs, I ask.
My French bread recipe is here.
For meatballs, I wing it. I use ground turkey, some seasoned breadcrumbs (I would say around 1/2 cup), an egg, milk (around 1/4 cup, maybe), lots of diced onions, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and do not forget the Worcestershire sauce. You have to use Worcestershire sauce anytime you use ground turkey instead of ground beef. You have to. Seriously. It makes all the difference.
Shape into balls, brown the out sides in a frying pan, put into crock pot with a jar of sauce and cook for the usual amount of time that you cook raw meat in your slow-cooker. My slow-cooker seems to cook faster than the times given in most recipes, so just use your good judgment.
Serve with pasta and awesome French bread and your family will know that you really love them. Or at least, they will really love dinner.
Don't forget to stop over at the home of Plate It & Post It, In Pursuit of Proverbs 31, to see what others are serving up.






3 comments:
You know, I never knew that adding worcestershire (blah, blah, blah it is just as hard to spell) to turkey meat made the difference. Huh.. you really do learn something new everyday. And this is a great alternative for beef because it is cheaper and healthier for you.
That spaghetti looks so yummy! And you are right, nothing beats fresh french bread!
Ack! I forgot to go back and make sure I spelled Worcestershire sauce right and I didn't! I was so careful to spell the first part right, I forgot the "shire" part! I fixed it. I'm so glad you made that comment!
Thanks for participating. Your bread looks so yummy. I have never been able to master homemade bread, but I am definitely trying your recipe.
Post a Comment