Monday, September 10, 2007

Our Camping Trip

Our camping trip this weekend was great!

Bob took a half-day off work on Friday, so we were able to get down there in the late afternoon and set up long before dark.

After we set up, we went over to the beach for a while.

I almost forgot how gorgeous that lake is, surrounded by the Green Mountains. I went there every summer as a kid, many times, since I lived only a couple of towns away, and I never appreciated the beauty of it.

We went back to the site and cooked dinner over the fire, then went to bed.

The next day, we were exploring and the kids met some other kids. Later, when we were hiking, we ran into them again.

The hike was amazing! We went up to a ledge where you could see the whole lake and forest. I wish I had my camera, but I didn't bring it for the hike.

Later that afternoon, the family we met decided to leave early and offered us their site. Their premium site. Their site that, as I type, is already booked for all of next summer. That's how awesome it is.

What a blessing!

The site is bordered by a stream with lots of big rocks in and around it. The kids had such a good time down there. No more "I'm bored" for the rest of our time there!

It was such a great trip. Everyone got along well and had a great time.

The only downside was that it POURED rain when we were breaking down the site Sunday morning.

Everything is still wet and muddy. UGH!

We had such a great time that no one even complained about breaking down the site in the pouring rain.

That's a sign of a good trip!

Now, the photos:
You can see the full set here.


www.flickr.com





1 comments:

Susan said...

Those pictures were great! I really must get a family sized tent or tents for our family (there's 6 kids, and two adults - so tents would be better!) so we could go camping - even if it's at nearby Bear Brook.

How were the hot dogs on a stick? That sounded so so good to me.
Did you have a pot for coffee in the mornings? There's nothing better than coffee brewed outside.

Thanks for sharing!