Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Links Added to Side Bar

I finally added some blogs to the "Other Blogs I Read" area of my side bar.

I find Dave Barry's blog to be very funny. It is definitely geared toward a certain type of sense of humor, though. I especially liked his "24" updates, when that show was on.

I also added Electric Venom. I've been reading this blog daily for a while now. Even though Venomous Kate homeschools, I decided not to add it to my homeschool blog roll because the blog is not so much about homeschooling.

And finally, Bible Girl - the religion column from the Dallas Observer blog.

The current column answers the question: "Does God really care about our sex lives?" And answers it well.

Here's a taste:

Sexual sins, Paul teaches, are uniquely damaging to the human soul. They pollute the core of our being as men and women created in God’s image. God takes sexual sin so seriously concerning his people, his Bride, that we are not even to eat with those who call themselves believers in Jesus Christ but engage in sexual immorality. Those plainly outside the church, however, we are not to judge.

And I love this line, just because it is so in-your-face and sarcastic: If you ignore God’s standard for sexual purity, I’ll ignore your claim that you’re a Christian. Deal?

It's kind of an eclectic mix, but I kind of have eclectic tastes. So there you have it.

0 comments: