Homonymity
We started doing a fun homonyms activity every day to help the boys learn their homonyms and work on their dictionary skills.
I know, *snore*, but these are important things. Important things are not always fun.
Since I have two boys of relatively equal age, I divide the list up so that each boy has one homonym of the pair. For example, The D had allowed, bare, blew, brake, and colonel and Big E had aloud, bear, blue, break, and kernel.
After they have looked up the words and written down a simple definition or a sentence using the word in context, we come together and they present to me what the homonym pairs mean.
I like this because it is a relatively short activity, but it encompasses several skills: learning homonyms, dictionary skills, handwriting practice, and presentation practice.
I've been using the homonyms from this list, but I am sure there are plenty more on the internet.



0 comments:
Post a Comment